Thursday, July 9, 2009

False Start 2 - The Saga Continues

You might remember my post about a rain interrupted V8 Race Experience back in May. Those readers with an eagle eye and excellent memory would have realised that I had rebooked for the 8th July (yesterday). Last week when I looked at the forecast, it was fine for the whole of this week. Great! Until yesterday... Rain... Again! It had been raining on and off throughout the morning. I called weather hotline in the afternoon before I left, they said that although there had been rain, it had stopped, the track had dried and they were running the cars. Sweet!

So I took off to Eastern Creek, but the weather didn't look promising. It was dark and cold. As I got closer to the track, the sky got darker, and the rain started to fall. I got to the track and went into the V8 Race reception area, and they had stopped the cars and were waiting for the rain to cease.

I waited for a little while, but eventually, one of the guys that runs the V8 Race told all those who were waiting that there was little point in waiting around longer, because even though it wasn't raining at that stage, the track was taking a while to dry out, and there was still a bunch of people who were waiting for a drive and there wouldn't be enough time to get us into a car before the daylight runs out. So I now need to rebook again. The next lot of dates at Eastern Creek is the last week in September. I'll keep you posted.

UPDATE: Rebooked again for Wednesday 30th September... keep that in mind all you eagle eyes readers who are playing along at home...

No comments: